Procedures to Determine the Winner of the Match
- 04/21/2005 – Tie-Breaking Procedures
- A US Soccer Memorandum that announces FIFA’s change to only accept Away Goals, Extra Time, and Kicks from the Penalty Mark as methods for determining the winner of a match.
- 10/14/2004 – Kicks From the Penalty Mark (Updated)
- A US Soccer Memorandum that clarifies the procedure of penalty kicks at the end of a match as a method for determining a winner. Includes information on who is allowed to kick, how the kicks proceed, position of players during the kicks, etc. (Replaces 12/16/2003 “Kicks from the Penalty Mark”)
- 06/11/2002 – Kicks From the Penalty Mark – The Reduce to Equate Principle
- A US Soccer Memorandum that specifies the procedure and circumstances in which the teams must “reduce to equate” prior to the taking of Penalty Kicks at the end of a match when a team finishes with fewer players than the opposing team.