The USSRC site is dedicated to guide, effectively communicate to, inform and update referees of all levels within the state. It is designed to provide a common point of reference to the vast collection of resources available to soccer referees. The resources are focused on supporting the common goals of professionalism, training, growth and service to the game.
It is time again to re-certify for the coming year. You should have already received an email from US Soccer reminding you to do so.
All re-certify referees (all grades) must do the following things:
Registration for 2016 will be conducted directly through the USSRC website instead of US Soccer. The online registration system is currently under construction and it along with directions and more information will be available by November 1, 2015. Recertification clinics for 2016 are currently being scheduled and will also be posted on this website by November 1, 2015
Pre-register to a recertification clinic of your choice - seating is limited (scroll to bottom of page)
Grade 8 re-certifing referees must complete the Grade 7 Online Modules before attending a clinic.
Grade 7 re-certifing referees must complete the State & Emeritus Online Modules before attending a clinic.
Grade 6 re-certifing referees must complete the Grade 7 and State & Emeritus Online Modules before attending a clinic.
All re-certifing referees must complete Online CONCUSSION TRAINING Certification Module before attending a clinic.
Attend the recertification clinic and pass the written test.
To access all the online modules (Click Here)
We have already listed all confirmed clinics with locations around the state. These clinics are posted in the Upcoming Events section (scroll to bottom of this page). Additional clinics may be scheduled if needed. However, classroom seating is limited and if you want to attend a specific clinic in your area, you should register as soon as possible.
Specific clinic details, including instructions, links to related online modules and pre-registration are available by clicking on the listing of the clinic you wish to attend. You can also scroll down to the bottom of this displayed clinic information and click on the "more details" link for further information. Note that a $20 Clinic Fee, on-line payment is required. We only accept Visa, MasterCard & Discovery cards. We do not accept American Express cards.
Attendance to all re- certify clinics requires pre-registration and completion of Online Modules.
Contact Scott Harward at email@example.com for questions or concerns.
Provide Your RefPay Details to Adult League For Payment
Please update your RefPay Details in LeagueMan, the Adult League Management System. Use the following instructions to do so:
- Log into Adult Sytem (Click Here to log in )
- Click on the main menu item Referee , sub menu RefPay Details
- This action should bring up 1 row of data with your name and email address
- Under the Actions column (far right column), click on the pencil looking icon to put the system into edit mode. You may need to scroll to the right depending on the width of your browser to display this column
- In edit mode, fill in your Refpay Username and Refpay Account Number
- When done, be sure to save it by clicking on the floppy looking icon, (top icon) in the Actions column
All Youth Referees Must Be Registered In Affinity And Refpay
ALL REFEREES MUST BE REGISTERED IN AFFINITY AND REFPAY to be assigned games and get paid. The instructions below are for anyone who is still not set up with RefPay, or with Affinity or have not updated your profile in Affinity with your RefPay username and account #.
A.) If you already have RefPay and Affinity accounts, you simply need to update your Affinity account profile with your RefPay username and account number
To update your profile:
Here is a YouTube video showing how to Update Your Affinity Referee Account http://youtu.be/6b7pxPmEcO4
- Go to http://uysa-referee.sportsaffinity.com/reg
- Login using your username and password (reset password if needed)
- Click the Edit button under "My Info"
- Fill in the RefPay username (same as Arbiter RefPay Username)
- Fill in your RefPay account # (same as Arbiter RefPay Account #)
- Click "Save Changes"
(If the edit process doesn't work correctly, call Holly at 801-307-5150)
B.) If you do not have a RefPay account, you first need to set one up
(If you have any problems in the process call RefPay Support at 801-576-9436)
A couple of key things to do prior to setting up a RefPay account
- Have a email address that is unique to you and not shared with any other family member thats a referee.
- Have your Social Security Number (or Equivalent) ready along with your bank account info ready in case you use associated payment option (see info below on Payment Options)
To set up a RefPay account:
- Go to www.refpay.com
- Click on "Sign Up Today"
- Select " Sports Official" and click "next"
- Fill our registration information (this also provides info for 1099)
- In Step 5 (in RefPay) you be asked if you want to have your funds automatically transferred into your bank account when they become available. If you click yes, every time funds are transferred RefPay will charge you a convenience fee of $1.50. However, you can manually log in and transfer funds free of charge as another option. If you want the free option click "NO"
- In Step 7 you will need to setup your own username, password and pin number
- Another option for payment is through transferring funds to a Debit Card for a one-time cost of $3.95. Select this option if you want the debit card.
- Your games are not assigned through Arbiter so select "No" and ignore the following screen.
- Select the Terms and Conditions and youre done.
- You will be taken to your home page. From here go to "Accounts and write down your username and account number for setting up an account in Affinity.
C.) If you are a brand new referee and/or have never been in the Affinity system, you need to register with Affinity:
- Go to www.uysa-referee.sportsaffinity.com
- Click "Begin Registration"
- Complete the registration
- Make sure to fill in the RefPay username (same as Arbiter RefPay Username) and your RefPay account # (same as Arbiter RefPay Account #)
- Once you have done so email Holly Gundred at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know you are registered!
D.) Referees must file report to get paid
The following video shows the game reporting process: http://youtu.be/5mh-U2ShVMw
- To ensure prompt payment, Center Referee is required to fill out a game report within 24 hrs.
- Assistant Referees can check on game report 24 hrs. after the match and if not completed, can enter scores themselves and confirm the referees
- If a report is not completed, no fees will be paid for the match.
- To report match results, log on to www.
- Match report includes:
- Score and a record of who scored the goals
- Misconducts (includes explanation in comments)
- Confirmation that the referees assigned the match showed and participated
E.) To transfer funds to your bank account, RefPay Debit Card or by check:
- Go to www.refpay.com
- Sign in
- Select "Transfer" tab on left
- Select payment option
- Fill out the request form
Ask, Tell, Dismiss
It's important for officials of all levels to know how to effectively deal with coaches and other team officials who behave poorly during a game. Watch the updated video, Ask, Tell, Dismiss, to learn more about U.S. Soccer's recommended approach for taking action towards team officials who fail to conduct themselves in a responsible manner.
Click Here to watch video.
Refereeing Youth Soccer Games?
Remember, all referees who work youth games must be set up in the UYSA online referee program. Please contact the Utah Youth Office ( www.utahyouthsoccer.net ) between 9 AM and 4 PM to get set up with a user name and password.
The following YouTube videos will help refresh your memory on how to accept or score a game:
Accepting games as a referee
Game scoring recording
We Need Your Help!
We have over 1800 referees registered in the state with a wealth of knowledge and expertise. We need your help.
Please contact an SRC member with your ideas. A successful program takes the contribution of many volunteers. Please send us your ideas!
- Site content contributors; articles, videos, or other materials
Click Here to view the calendar in a new window.